YAML(Yet Ain’t Markup Language) Basics
• For Ansible, nearly every YAML file starts with a list
• Each item in the list is a list of key/value pairs, commonly called a “dictionary”
• All YAML files have to begin with “—” and end with “…
• All members of a list lines must begin with same indentation level starting with “- “
--- # A list of tasty fruits fruits: - Apple - Orange - Strawberry - Mango ...
• A dictionary is represented in a simple key: value form (the colon must be followed by a space)
--- # An employee record Employee: name: Mohammad job: DevOps Engineer skill: Elite